The Screw-FIX Insulation Back Filler is a new concept to make the job of back filling your chimney with vermiculite as easy as possible when using a Screw-Fix pot hanging cowl.
1. Firstly drop your flue liner and neatly cut the liner flush with the top of the chimney pot
2. Screw the back filler onto the flex.
3. Fill the back filler with vermiculite, agitate the back filler if required and repeat the process until the chimney void is completely full.
4. Unscrew the back filler removing any excess vermiculite.
5. Screw the cowl on making sure it screws down on to the top of the pot as far as it will go.
6. Secure the jubilee band fixing making sure the cowl is secured tightly to the pot.
It is recommended that chimneys serving solid fuel appliances be swept and maintained as frequently as necessary but at least once a year.